Thursday, January 7, 2016

Rest For Our Souls

Are you tired and weary? This may due to several things. First we may be depending our ourselves and not God. Second, we may not be trusting and understanding all that God has given to us in Christ Jesus. All who are weary and heavy laden must find their full identity in Christ. And what an identity it is. As I sit reading the Bible, I am enjoying watching my girls play freely, without worry, and with childlike faith. Then I begin to think to myself "What else could God possibly bless me with." He truly has given me the desires of my heart. If we cant sit back and thank God for all the blessings He has given in the present, we will never be able to thank Him for the things in the future. Better yet, I think God waits on us to realize that He is in control and in that we find rest. As I sit here thinking about all the things I want to do in ministry and life, I realized something, today is enough. God has given and blessed me with everything I need for today. I must not take for granted the present with my thoughts of the future. Today is enough. When you sit back and just take a look at your life, wow, what a blessing. Now it is in the moving forward that we must not lose balance. What I mean is this, as we move to the future we must keep our eyes on Jesus the author and perfecter of our faith. It is so easy for me to lean on my own understanding as I look to the dreams of future success. Instead we must trust God with all our hearts and look to the present blessing He has so graciously blessed us with. In trusting the Lord and His blessings in the present is what produces a heart compelled by the love of Christ. It is our trust in Christ and the love for Christ that compels us into the future. Watch closely! If God has so abundantly supplied all our needs in the present, why do we not have faith that He will supply all our needs in the future. If we simply wait on the Lord, thank Him for all that He has done in the present, He will make our paths straight in the future. Trust the Lord with all your hearts and do not lean on your own understanding, acknowledge Him in all your ways and He will make your path straight. What an awesome God we serve. If we would simply surrender to the King and trust His perfect will for our lives we will find rest for our souls. Jesus says it best "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light" (Matt. 11:28-30 NASB). It really is that easy. Trust in the Lords blessings in the present and He will direct your path in the future. So why are we tired and weary? If Jesus is for us who can be against us?

No comments:

Post a Comment